As one of the Big Society vanguard areas, and in tandem with the Localism bill, Upper Eden has to develop planning policies for a Neighbourhood Plan for the area. All Parish Councils and residents are being asked to respond.
Broadly, these cover:
• Housing that is affordable and suitable for local people in rural areas
• Housing on farms and for rural businesses
• Housing for the elderly
• Housing densities that are suitable for the area
• Helping to deliver Broadband Internet Access through planning policy
• Monitoring and managing development to prevent over-development
Warcop is being asked to respond and we are therefore asking everyone with an interest in housing and broadband, now and in the future, to take a moment to read the attached documents and respond via the Parish Council or on this website.
1) Apologies for absence
2) Minutes of the last meeting to be approved
3) Matters arising
4) Public Session
a) To consider payments
7) Appointment of Highways Representative
8) Co-option of Parish Councillor
9) Report back from Meetings Attended
10) Community Issues
a) Permissive Footpath update
b) Parish Land
12) Councillors Reports and items for future agenda
13) Date & Time of next meeting
Please note the public session will be approximately 5-10 minutes only.
The next Parish Council meeting will be next Monday, 6th June at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.
We are still looking for residents in Sandford and Coupland Beck to be co-opted onto the Parish Council to provide representation for all areas of the Parish. It is important that the whole Parish has voices on the Parish Council if decisions are to be made which are best for the Parish.
Please contact any of the Parish Councillors if you would be interested and/or attend the meeting next Monday.
The Festival of Warcop Life will be held in the Methodist Chapel on 2nd and 3rd July and will feature exhibitions by the groups active in the area.
Saturday 10am - 4pm and Sunday 12pm - 4pm.
Come and see what is going on in our Parish, meet those involved, contribute by getting involved, and enjoy the cream teas offered! Donations will be in aid of Warcop Methodist Chapel and the Air Ambulance.